The Blavin Scholarship and Program provides students who have experienced time in foster care with comprehensive support in navigating and maximizing their college experience as they pursue a bachelor’s degree at the University of Michigan. Overcoming obstacles and achieving dreams, the Blavin Scholars Program has a 95% retention and graduation rate and has graduated 30 scholars. The Blavin Scholars Program has supported a total of 62 students since Fall 2009 and this year the program is celebrating the an enrollment of 35 Blavin Scholars!
The Blavin Scholars Program is committed to the following mission:
- Supporting Blavin Scholars in navigating and maximizing their experience at U-M
- Developing a supportive network among Blavin Scholars and the larger campus
- Educating Blavin Scholars and the community to enhance their academic, professional and life skills
- Creating purposeful transitions for Blavin Scholars that lead to success in college and career
- Increasing college access, retention, and graduation among students who experienced foster care