The Blavin Scholarship and Program provides students who have experienced time in foster care with comprehensive support in navigating and maximizing their college experience as they pursue a bachelor’s degree at the University of Michigan. Overcoming obstacles and achieving dreams, the Blavin Scholars Program has a 95% retention and graduation rate and has graduated 30 scholars. The Blavin Scholars Program has supported a total of 84 students since Fall 2009 and this year the program is celebrating an enrollment of 39 Blavin Scholars!
The Blavin Scholars Program is committed to the following mission:
- Supporting Blavin Scholars in navigating and maximizing their experience at U-M
- Developing a supportive network among Blavin Scholars and the larger campus
- Educating Blavin Scholars and the community to enhance their academic, professional and life skills
- Creating purposeful transitions for Blavin Scholars that lead to success in college and career
- Increasing college access, retention, and graduation among students who experienced foster care