About: The Fostering Futures Scholarship (FFS) provides eligible youth who have experienced foster care with scholarship funds for tuition, fees, room/board, books, and supplies/equipment required for enrollment.
- Student must have been in foster care after their 13th birthday
- There is no upper age limit. Student can receive funding at any age.
- Student must be an undergraduate, attending a Michigan public or private 4-year college/university or a community college
- Funding can be used only for the following: tuition, fees, room/board, books, and supplies/equipment required for enrollment
- Funding can be used along with ETV
Click the links below for more information about FFS.
- The 2015-2016 Application is available for download at www.fosteringfutures-mi.com or can be requested by calling Student Scholarships and Grants (SSG) toll free at 1-888-4-GRANTS (1-888-447-2687)
- Students are only required to submit one application per academic year (and indicate each semester/term they plan to enroll and want to be considered for the scholarship)
- The application deadline for 2015-2016 is July 6, 2015
- The student is responsible for notifying SSG of a change of address or college choice
- The FFS is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding amounts vary based on need and any other financial aid the student is receiving.
- The maximum award amount for 2015-2016 is $3,000
- All future awards are subject to approved and available funding. For more information, visit www.fosteringfutures-mi.com.
Students need to complete the application and send it to the Student Scholarships and Grant office, listed at the bottom of the application and can be found here:
Student Scholarships and Grants
P.O. Box 30462
Lansing, MI 48909
Fax: (517) 241-5835
Phone: 1-888-4-GRANTS (1-888-447-2687)
Phone: (517) 373-6051