We are looking for University of Michigan faculty and staff from a variety of fields, experiences, and interests to match with current and new Blavin Scholars. Many scholars and mentors have referenced their experience in the mentoring component of the Blavin Scholars Program as one of their most meaningful experiences at U-M.
What a Blavin Mentor Does:
- Attend 1/2 day Blavin Mentor Training
- Connect twice a month with the scholar
- Be a supportive adult and role model for the scholar throughout their time at the U-M
- Attend occasional Blavin Scholars Program social events
- Attend one Mentor Meeting a year
The Blavin Mentors are trained and receive ongoing support, as needed, from Blavin Program Staff.
Apply to mentor a Blavin Scholar today! Complete this Google Form to apply: http://bit.ly/1s9qHTn
Contact Jen Burke, Blavin Scholars Program Campus Coach and Mentor Program Coordinator with any questions or requests for more information!
"Being a mentor is rewarding because it provides an opportunity to connect with smart, interesting, and funny young people, who appreciate your support and offer you their trust and friendship. I enjoy witnessing their path to independent and successful adult lives." - A Blavin Mentor